Followers

Please Make Sure Adblock Is Disabled

Your Ad Here

Tuesday 26 June 2012

New Anti Piracy Laws For The UK

ect.
New draft code details new 'three strikes' policy for illegal down loaders in the UK, coming March 2014. The new policy means that illegal downloaders will receive warning letters from their ISP. Those who receive three warnings in a year will have anonymous information of their downloading and file sharing history provided to copyright owners, which could then be used to gain a court order to reveal the customer's identity and take legal action against piracy.

5 comments:

  1. Well if I get caught once then I'll just stop. I suppose it depends on what they count as "piracy".

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might actually work. I'm in Canada and haven't bothered checking the piracy laws. I live on campus though and the IT people said that almost all our bandwidth is spent on torrents. So yeah... I wish the government best of luck finding anyone on our campus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, the government sucks. Thats all I can say...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something tells me that this law is really loosely written and is going to be abused...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WILL DOWNLOAD A BEAR, A COCA-COLA BOTTLE, AND CHRISTINA HENRICKS.

    I WILL DO THIS IN THREE DAYS TIME.

    THERE IS NOTHING THE GOVERNMENTS OF THE WORLD CAN STOP ME. I AM A CITIZEN OF THE WORLD, BEYOND THE BOUNDARIES AND CONSTRAINTS OF PATHETIC MORTAL ATTEMPTS TO REEL ME BACK.

    FUCK YOU, I'M NOT TALKING TOO FAST, YOU'RE LISTENING TOO SLOW.

    I AM ON THE INTERNET.

    THE GOVERNMENTS HAVE A RIGHT TO FEAR US, FOR IT BEHOOVES A POPULACE TO RISE UP AND DO AWAY WITH ANY DYNASTY UNDER HEAVEN.

    THE REVOLUTION MAY BE TELEVISED, BUT IT BEGINS WHEN THE TELEVISION GETS TURNED OFF.

    Annnnnd I'm done with the screw-the-government punk ranting. :D

    ReplyDelete